Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Game Winning Goal


I bought the tickets last January in a price reducing promo for Michigan schools. Stuck them in their Valentine cards and made their entire week!DH and HRH have been before but this was the very first Red Wing experience for my daughter and I. We were up in the nose bleed section but I don't think there is a bad seat anywhere at the Joe Louis Arena. The game was also very special in that it was an 8oth birthday celebration for Gordie Howe...Mr. Hockey....a Red Wing hero when I was a kid. Sheesh. But the best thing of all was that I was a bit bored by the nothing/nothing score in over time and rueing the possibility of a shoot out. Was playing around with my camera and just happened to be focused on the net when the Red Wings crashed in their only goal for the game and won!!! I think HRH is going to be a bit easier on his old Mom for a couple of days....hee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.