Sunday, May 11, 2008

Boggled by Boston

Okay...so we are planning a vacation to a city where none of us has ever been. DH nixed New York...where I have desperately wanted to go since I was eight. Chicago is a favorite family vacation spot but we have been there before. I randomly selected Boston for our summer vacation. Okay...so my favorite actress is from there and had done a little tour of the city for the Today Show when we were deciding. Can I help it if no one else in my family pays attention to the Today Show?? We have been researching like crazy on the net. The Princess created a brochure about the city for her computer class project. The Prince is desperately seeking reasonable Red Sox tickets but will most likely be unsucessfull given the date we will be in town. As for me, I learned tonight that DH was not able to get our stay in a vacation club location extended. He's known for weeks. Heh. Didn't seem like a good thing to strangle him on Mother's Day when he'd gifted me with the Flip video camera I had my eye on. Maybe tomorrow.....

Sooooo, I have been on the prowl for a cheap but accessible place for us to stay...near enough to the sights that we don't have to drive everywhere (my research says that Boston is not an easy city to get around in by car). So far no luck. The more I look, the more confused I get. I am totally boggled by Boston at this point. And all I really wanted to do was soak up some history and channel one of my favorite kid authors by playing here for a little while....

No comments: