Sunday, September 28, 2008

This Girl......


This girl was glad to see her Mom come home from New York City. This 'get your hair out of your eyes where are your glasses skateboard loving soccer playing do I hafta wear a dress woe is me still the shortest kid in the whole class' girl missed her old Mom. There is a different kind of rythm to your life when you are the only girl in the house. I know. I strummed that rythm before she came into our lives. Things are changing for her right now though and I am not quite sure she is ready for it. We dropped her big brother off at his first high school Homecoming dance last night. The sight of all the girls - some of whom she knows well - gussied up in their sequined gowns and shorty dresses with heels tripping into the high school gym has her worried. The seventh grade dance is coming up. I have assured her - several times - that we will find some slacks and a shirt/sweater/blouse that she can live with. Something nice. Something girly.....but not too girly.

Her 'Gotcha Day' is coming soon. Eight years since we brought her into our family from Russia. Thanks for changing the rythm for your old Mom, Sweetie Pie. You rock my whole world.

No comments: